A Revelation, and All That

So, I was photocopying like a mad woman this afternoon for my project. I need 48 articles for this thing that I'm doing, so that teachers can talk around common themes in mathematics and learn something. We'll see what happens. I'm learning that I may have bitten off more than I can chew, based on a lackadasical approach to the project up until the absolute instant where it needs to happen. But while standing at the photocopier at 3:15 this afternoon after teaching a workshop and classes all morning I realized how excited I am at the moment. I don't know if it's the prospect of the upcoming course, or the math course that I'm almost finished, or the fact that I'm just getting a charge out of my students currently; but I'm excited to teach new things. Now, that doesn't mean that I am in the hunt currently for the next new thing to do, but it means that next year on my ALP I'm planning to learn how to use the school's Smart Board if I'm still here (yes, a Smart Board for visually impaired people...I found it while looking for a screen this afternoon. Go figure) I haven't been around much recently because I've been on a bit of an angry jag. Maybe hormones, maybe stress, probably both. But I really haven't had much to say that is really all that positive. It's a good reason not to be here: no one needs that much acid in their life. And knock on wood, things will go well this weekend. I've got a lot to do with the whole write a research paper and a book study and fudge some reflections; but I know where I'm headed. Despite the fact that the research that I've been reading in the past couple of days says that book studies are really counterproductive in the approach I'm taking. Hmm...

No comments: