A Meme While I Process...

I have thinks to say...armoires that broke...18 days of vacation. The short version: We're well, we're happy, and J has a nice ex-gf. Oh! And I *heart* my GPS. Here's the rules. I'm trying to organize my office, so I have time for this...and it's the beginning of a long weekend.
  1. Put your mp3 player or music player on your computer on random.
  2. Post the first four lines from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song (skip repeat artists). Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
  3. Don’t cheat, you Google whores! (I cleaned it up a little from Kapgar for the young and impressionable among us.)
Let's begin!

1. I got no money in my pockets

I got a hole in my jeans

I had a job and I lost it

But it won't get to me

2. I've called you so many times today

And I guess it's true what your girlfriends say

That you don't ever want to see me again

And your brother's gonna kill me and he's six feet ten

3. I drank sixteen doubles for the price of one

Trying to find the courage to talk to one

I asked her for a dance

Not a second glance

4. Been waiting up

For you to rescue me

To come around

And cover everything

5. If I had $1000000

I would buy you a house

If I had $1000000

I'd buy you furniture for your house

(If I Had $1 000 000 - Barenaked Ladies, guessed by Lindsay)

6. I was a sailor, I was lost at sea

I was under the waves

Before love rescued me

I was a fighter, I could turn on a thread

7. You say that you're leaving

Well that comes as no surprise

Still I kinda like this feeling

Of being left behind

8. If you start me up

If you start me up I'll never stop

If you start me up

If you start me up I'll never stop

9. Life's like a road that you travel on

It's one day here and the next day gone

Sometimes you bend sometimes you stand

Sometimes you turn your back to the wind

10. Give me time to reason

Give me time to think it through

Passing through the season

Where I cheated you

11. He's a movie star

Only drives rented cars

Met him in a bar

Said, "I know who you are"

12. *Sigh* - I knew something like this would come up

I've known a few guys who thought they were pretty smart

But you've got being right down to an art

You think you're a genius. You drive me up the wall

You're a regular original know it all

13. I knew you wanted to tell me

In your voice there was something wrong

But if you would turn your face away from me

You cannot tell me you're so strong

14. She left with all of her clothes and all

She left with all my CDs

She was too small to take the big screen

So she took all my DVDs

15. First we'd climb a tree

And maybe then we'd talk

Or sit silently

And listen to our thoughts

(Ahead By A Century - The Tragically Hip, guessed by Lindsay)

16. My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why

I got out of bed at all

The morning rain clouds up my window

And I can't see at all

17. The grey ceiling on the earth, well it's lasted for a while

Take my thoughts for what they're worth, I've been acting like a child

In your opinion, and what is that?

It's just a different point of view

18. The dawn is breaking

A light shining through

You're barely waking

And I'm tangled up in you

19. People all over the world

Join hands

Start a love train, love train

People all over the world

20. My my, at Waterloo Napoleon did surrender

Oh yeah, and I have met my destiny in quite a similar way

The history book on the shelf

Is always repeating itself

1 comment:

LMW said...

O.k. Some sound really familiar, but I can't peg them.

I (obviously) got #5, BNL, If I Had A $1000000.

and #15, Ahead by a Century, The Tragically Hip.