La Vie En Rose

I seem to be losing my perspective at the moment. It's an elusive thing, this being happy and on an even keel. I no longer know what that is. There's a lot going on here on the mountain, and I'm sooooo close to being able to spill about a lot of it. With J's profession, he wants all the ducks in a row before giving me the ok to say anything. Despite the fact that I want to. Despite the fact that it's making me crazy. I'm good with secrets, but this is exciting, and it affects me...AND I WANT TO SHARE!!!

Part of the secret is out. We're moving. There's a big Century 21 sign in the middle of our front lawn at the moment, and there have been a couple of viewings, and I hate keeping my house clean. But without the point-blank question, we're just moving. People aren't being told where, or when, or why.

The other exciting that I can share at the moment is that the work permit showed up on Friday. Hallelujah! We mailed the paperwork for that in October, and it just came. That just goes along to prove once again why you should marry domestic. Not that I regret J's moving here...but it's a huge hassle that I could do without. BUT - he could now go to Tim Horton's and get a job if he wanted one...not merely at the place he left last March.

I've been thinking a lot about the year I lived in France recently. It's come up in conversation, and as I've been decluttering for listing the house, I've been finding bits and pieces from my time there. I don't know if it's the time of year, or my own lack of control over anything, or what but I miss Paris. It's been a long time. But for now, I'll stick with Edith Piaf and search for the balance that seems to elude me at every turn.

No comments: