The Detritus of Celebration

Well, the wedding has come and gone. A beautiful day, and now all I need are the pictures to remember it by. People kept warning me that it would all pass in a blur, and it kinda did. It was a lovely day - as I've been told. Hallie has announced that it was her favourite wedding ever, so yay! J and I had a great honeymoon, cruising in the western Caribbean. But I have a confession to make: I am sitting in the midst of piles of gifts, and I am paralysed. It would be great if I weren't such a procrastinator. I may never see my dining room table again. I need to go through the closets and get rid of the things that we don't need anymore (like the twin bed sheets and blankets), or don't want (like the pink towels that my mom gave me when I moved out so she could buy new ones); yet the new towels sit in the dining room waiting for me to unpack them. J's comment upon returning and surveying the state of most of the main floor of the house? "I was kind of sorry that I was going back to work, but now I'm not." I know there's a hardwood floor in here somewhere. But at least I have a project - and a bit of a goal: a friend of mine is having a garage sale in August/September, and she's taking all of my cast offs (especially those from the kitchen - who needs 6 9x13" pans??), so I need to get this done before then. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: