- I have been offered a spot in the VP pool for the local public school board. Yay me. They told me 18 months until assignment in the interview. They told me 3 weeks on the phone. I will most likely have a new job in September. I am now scared out of my mind. Real school will chew me up and spit me out.
- J is going stir crazy. I come home at night to a man who desperately wants to go out and talk. All I want to do is curl into a ball and hope I survive another day at work as I contemplate the fact that I need to clean out the classroom that I have inhabited for the past 10 years. It makes me want to cry.
- My mother cleaned off my dining room table and moved everything to the shelves that she set up in the basement. It is very clean, and I didn't have to lift a finger. It's all good.
- J and I are planning a road trip for our summer vacation. It should be fun. I come home every day and look for the mail, hoping for tourist packages from far off states like Pennsylvania. I don't get out much.
- I keep having dreams that I'm pregnant. That can't be a good sign. Pregnant women who can talk about nothing else piss me off. Those 2 facts must be related.
- J sat straight up in bed the other night because he lost an earplug (apparantly I snore. How sexy is that??). He thought he'd pushed it too far into his ear - apparantly there's a big black abyss into which it fell...inside his head. At 3:12 AM, I really didn't care. For him, this was a traumatic event that we needed to discuss.
- I am running short on sleep at the moment. Contemplating how far into my husband's head an earplug can go didn't help matters.
- I am 3 assignments, a weekend of classes and a seminar away from being a qualified principal. How surreal is that?
- J and I are incapable of making grass grow in our backyard. So is our lawn guy. We're on seeding #3.
- I love that I no longer do laundry and dishes. These are J's domain now. I did dishes with him last night for the first time in 3 weeks.
- There are only 7 Fridays of school left, and so much to cover. My grade 9s have no idea what's coming at them next week.
- I don't have any plans for this weekend, other than sleep late, buy hanging baskets for the deck, spend time cooking, and writing some of the above assignments. How great is that. The sun is shining, it's 1:43 in the afternoon, and there's not one thing I absolutely have to do except take J for a haircut. It's all good.
MOVED to wordpress
2 years ago