J and I dropped the price on the house on Monday. While I know that this needed to be done, and we're up against a deadline where we will be having to find him somewhere to live and pay for it, I'm finding it hard to swallow. There is no explaining how draining the whole "We need to sell our house and move" has been. I think it might be different if J was still here more than 2 nights a week, but I'm not sure. The keeping things clean and tidy is wearing, and the needing to leave at a moment's notice is too. We've mentally detached ourselves from this place, J more than me, and I want to fill it with boxes that I'm packing to move on and be a couple again. With J away, I eat poorly and go to bed late. I don't sleep as well but I'm not willing to make the drive from the north more than I have to if I don't have to. Besides, it's started snowing/melting/icing again here, and someone needs to keep on top of things.
The bright side in all of this is that the conditional offer we have has been extended once (although we're up against a deadline again) and the current owners still haven't put the place back on the market. I'm pretty sure this is because their real estate agent has told them that they won't get as much out of another offer as they're getting out of ours. I got on Realtor.ca today to poke around, and both of the other houses that we made offers on have come down. One has painted through for the most part as well. There are no longer the scary green walls and red beadboard that graced the place when we put in the offer. J commented that maybe we should walk away from our current offer, but I don't think so. The new house feels right. We just need a sale here.
In immigration news, we go for hopefully our last set of interviews tomorrow morning. Theoretically, they're a rubber stamp to the whole proceeding and J will be receiving his landed immigrant card. This is wildly exciting seeing as we started into the procedure almost 2 years ago. My mother asked what we thought it had cost us so far, and my guess is somewhere between $2500 and $3000. We have 3 years before he makes a decision about citizenship. I'm not thinking about what that would cost us. The other thing that makes this exciting is we'll no longer need to worry about work permits, expiry dates, and so on. We're not sure what they'll ask tomorrow but we're sure we will be able to answer it.
In work news, I'm holding on for March Break. While I'm hoping to be painting rooms in a new house, I'm not sure that will be happening. As of Friday everything will be extended. But if all I end up doing is living in J's hotel room and sleeping, so be it. It will be a nice change of pace.
Finally, I think I'm playing too much Mousehunt on Facebook. While it is not popping up in general conversation with the public yet, my husband keeps getting an earful about where I think I should go next and why, the pros and cons of new traps, and my frustration at trying to find the Lycan mouse...or the radioactive blue cheese potions.
I think I need to get out more.