RIP: Double Chocolate Peanut Butter

So we went to visit J's parents this past weekend. It was a fun trip, and seeing as we hardly see his parents at all, not stressful.
One of the big things that happens when we go to visit J's home is that we eat our way through the weekend: Mexican at Mi Hacienda, wings at Fricker's, and frosty chocolate milkshakes at Steak and Shake. Only I don't get chocolate. I like the double chocolate peanut butter shake. It's called a "Sippable Sundae", and it totally is.
So we went Saturday night to pick up shakes to take home with us to drink while sitting on the couch making out (the first place J kissed me? the couch in his parents' family room...I have me some good memories involving that couch) and I ordered my usual. When it came, the girl told me that they'd had to scrape the peanut butter syrup container to make it for me. Apparantly, Steak and Shake is discontinuing their peanut butter shakes. Sigh. I mean, double chocolate is good, but I like that peanut butter edge to it. J says I need to be content with the occasional peanut butter cup flurrie from Dairee Delight, but it won't be the same. Bleh.
In other news, we went shopping while in the States. The reason this is newsworthy is that we never shop when we go to Ohio - there are too many people to see and too much to do, but this time we spent Saturday afternoon shopping for back to school. It's good we don't go much; my pocketbook couldn't handle it. I bought 2 new pairs of shoes, a top, and a pair of jeans, as well as assorted underwear.
Let me tell you how much I love my new jeans. Lane Bryant Perfect Fit is all that it's advertised to be. I'm not sure the last time I put on jeans that didn't gape in the back and fit properly in the hips. I now sing their praises. It didn't hurt that I needed them on Sunday, seeing as I didn't expect the suddenly cooler temperatures and rain that rolled in Saturday night.
Yeah, it's all good. And the summer's almost over. That may actually be good too. I don't want frosty chocolate milkshakes as much in the winter. Dairee Delight isn't open anyways.

1 comment:

Sizzle said...

peanut butter and chocolate anything is DELICIOUS in my book.

i keep hearing good things about these new LB jeans. in the past i have been irritated with their denim because the stretch just stretches out too easily. maybe i should go try some on...