A Meme for All Seasons

I stole this from kapgar. Anything else I post would be more hospital tedium, and one of us going through that is enough. I didn't leave the hospital last night in a rage or a flurry of tears, so we're getting somewhere. Let's get on with the questions, shall we? 1. While driving down the street, looking for an address, do you turn the radio down? I've never noticed, so I would say no. I do have the same habit as my father of reading random signs out loud while walking or driving, so I'll say house numbers out loud while I'm looking. 2. If you could hug one person right now, who would it be? J. I believe we'll later get to why that ain't gonna happen anytime soon, and why there was a flurry of tears mentioned above. 3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? At one point, a ballerina. Oddly enough, my parents talked me out of dance classes. Then I wanted to be a secretary. Now, I want to be WonderWoman. 4. What is your favorite kind of weather? Winter. Pretty snow on the outside, a fire and hot chocolate with Bailey's on the inside. 5. If a turtle doesn't have a shell is he homeless or naked? He's no longer a turtle, so neither. 6. If you could travel anywhere in the world without cost being a deciding factor where would it be? I would love to see more of the Middle East and northern Africa. It's not really cost as much as safety. I found the Moorish history part of Spain facinating. 7. Are you a homebody or a social butterfly? Homebody. I like going out, but I pine for solitude when I do. 8. Beer, wine or liquor? Liquor and a little wine. To quote Garrison Keillor, "Beer tastes like something died in it." 9. If your partner was unable to have sex due to illness or injury, would you stay with them? Yes. However, when I mentioned to J the other night that I was sorry his bed wasn't bigger because I could use some time close to him, his response was, "I really don't want anyone touching me right now. Especially you because I wouldn't enjoy it." In one light, I understand. But I was crushed and weepy for the rest of the night. 10. Do you drink milk? No. Tetra packs of whole milk in France cured me from drinking the stuff if it hasn't been heated with chocolate added to it. 11. Do you prefer apple or orange juice? Orange. I always think apple looks like a urine sample in a glass, and then I can't drink it. 12. What's the most you've ever won on a scratchie? $10. Lucky, I am not. 13. Do you own any fish? No. 14. Who is jealous of you? My guess is no one, but then it's always the one you least expect. I'm going to say Paris Hilton, because I don't get quoted in Hallmark cards and have to spend my time suing. 15 . How many messages are in your inbox/outbox on your cell phone? None. My Canadian cell is 10 years old and doesn't have text capabilities. 16. When's the last time you sent a text? I do not text. I phone, I email, or I send up smoke signals. 17. Do you believe there is only one "right" religion? Eeeeee. I believe there's only one God, and that there's only one way to get to Him. However, religion is human and dogmatic. Do I go to church? Yes. I'm just not sure any one Christian church has it right. 18. What's your favorite planet, besides this one? Mars. I love Marvin. 19. Do you vote for city-related issues? We don't get to do that here. 20. Have you ever been to the Vatican? Yes. I was 6. I'm not sure I appreciated it. 21. Do you do anything for a bad sunburn? Cold compresses and shea butter lotion. 22. Has anyone ever asked you to marry them? J. Once was enough. 23. Have you ever been to the Grand Canyon? Yes, when I was in Las Vegas. I went on a tour that took us to the bottom of the Grand Canyon by 4x4. We had lunch beside the Colorado River, then drove back up and went hiking at the rim. We came back through the Joshua Tree forest. I would highly recommend it, but it isn't offered anymore. 24. Have you ever had to run for your life? Thankfully no. I don't really run. 25. Ever been to a family reunion? No. Neither side of the family is big on that sort of thing. 26. Can you play golf? I have never tried. 27. Do you prepare soup in the microwave or on the stove? I make a pot of soup every Sunday. That's always stovetop, seeing as it's homemade. Reheating the soup at work is in the microwave. 28. If your lover cheated on you and profusely apologized, would you accept them back into your life? I'm not planning to test this out, but probably. 29. Do you eat crabs? I don't eat shellfish. The vomiting afterwards, while festive, is just something I'm not into. 30. Are you the kind of person who will search the entire room for the remote? Silly question. I can't change TV channels without it, seeing as we have satellite. 31. Is it all about YOU? It should be. 32. Pretend you are a really good cook: what meal would you make? I am a really good cook. With time, I'd like to perfect French pastries, but I don't have the time. 33. Are you in debt? Of course. Mortgage and a bit of credit card. 34. If you could have a one way plane ticket to anywhere right now, where would you go? France. 35. How often do you do laundry?? Every Sunday. Currently, that schedule is in a total schmozzle, but I'm working at getting back on track. Stupid summer vacation coming to an end.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Ahhhh now I have found you too!!!!I realized that I did not have your email address.

Here is my accessible address.
schwartz_susan@yahoo.ca

Please please send me some wedding photos. Your blog is hilarious. So what happened with your sweetie in the hospital. Sounds like my Dad's ordeal last year.

Hope school is OK. I will be home soon - can't believe it.

Sue

kapgar said...

THIEF! THIEF!

JK ;-)