In the spirit of that conversation and the subsequent one I had with my over achiever of a mother that I'm not even going to dignify with a synopsis, I give you the "Sarah has GOALS for this Summer, and is Ambitious Enough to Achieve Them", or the list.
- Hang the garden hose mount on the side of the house and break down the large cardboard box it came in that is currently on my living room floor and has been there since April with the cordless drill that has been charging since late May.
- Work on scrapbooking my wedding. It's been 3 years, people.
- Purchase and install a new low-flow toilet in the powder room on the main floor. It's all about government rebates!
- Repaint the side door off the garage.
- Replace the light fixture on the patio.
- Repaint the front door some spectacular shade that J will question the wisdom of, and then learn to grudgingly agree with.
- Call the siding guy and see how much 2 more pairs of shutters would cost, including installation. I don't want to paint them, and I would like them all to match.
- Deal with the boxes on the living room floor.
- Buy a great carpet for the living room.
- Practice the guitar.
- Investigate the cost of a new air conditioner for the house, and see if we should really do the furnace simultaneously. I'm hoping not. The A/C won't get done if we need both.
- Cook at home 5 days a week, and try some of the recipes that seem to be stacking up everywhere. I should not spend time on allrecipes.com.
- Deal with the probably very nasty upstairs bathroom drain. The previous owners were apparantly very hairy, as evidenced by our shower drain when I cleaned it out. I'm not sure J and I have helped the situation. But the sink is running slow again and I've been avoiding. We should go into the fall with things under control.
- Go swimming, or do something. I have been looking at the Summer Activity guide and have come to the conclusion that I should be doing something. Swimming has always appealed, and it's not that much.
- Read. I would love to actually try the Twilight series and know what my intermediates might be reading. I also have a large quantity of professional reading that I need to complete for my job.
So there's 15 things that I'd like to/need to do this summer. How successful will I be? That's anyone's guess.